Monday, February 14, 2011

Road Warrior Vol I

As I have traveled America over the past 6 months, going everywhere from Palm Desert, CA to Portland, ME, experiencing everything from 110 degree desert heat to -20 degree highs, I have come to some revelations.

First of all, All cities look the same from the air as you land at the airport. You have different landmarks that greet you in some cities like the Strip in Vegas, but for the most part, you land at an Airport with some skyline in the distance... it always freaks me out how much cities look alike.

My new theme song is Billionaire by Travie Mccoy ft Bruno Mars. Not for the obvious want of being a Billionaire, but my business partner and mentor Daryl Dandredge pointed out a lyric that describes my life right now..."A different City every night".... I still haven't adjusted to that portion of my life... Sleeping in a different bed 4 or 5 nights a week... That has been different, but I consider it part of the business to be able to touch so many people's lived and have so many people have an effect on mine.

But beyond the trivial interests, there is one nugget that I want to share with you that I have picked up on the road.... The personal things that happen to you in life are not PERSONAL. I have learned that there is no one that gets up in the morning just to mess up my day. Frankly no one cares that much. People are so busy scrambling and trying to survive their own personal situations that sometimes you just get caught in the wake of that struggle and your personalities just rub wrongly. If I could really just remember this advice in my life, It would be so helpful to me...

Alright its 1:25 AM February 15, 2011 and I am slated to inspire an audience in less than 8 hours... I suppose I better get some sleep. Good night all until next time on the road!

Oginga Carr
Epiphany Consulting LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment